"GLEE" is alive and well and living in Vancouver, BC Canada!
ShowStoppers, a dynamic group of young performers who love to sing, dance and entertain, have appeared in concert, on TV and radio, and at numerous conventions, awards dinners, galas, and corporate and charitable events throughout BC.
Previous performances include:
- With Barry Manilow at Rogers Arena
- At the Honda Festival of Light
- 11 shows during the Vancouver 2010 Olympics at Robson Square (click here to view video), Pacific Coliseum, Richmond Ozone, and Canada Hockey Place
- With the legendary group FOREIGNER at the Pacific National Exhibition
- Canada Day at Canada Place
- At the BMO Vancouver Marathon
- With Juno award winning childrens' performer CHARLOTTE DIAMOND at the Vancouver Playhouse
- In concert at the Michael J. Fox Theatre
- "Family Day" at the Vancouver Art Gallery
- In the "Magic of Santa"
at the Pacific Coliseum
- Cloverdale Rodeo & Exhibition
- Miss World Canada Pageant at River Rock Casino Theatre
- Opening of the new Richmond Olympic Oval
- Opening of the new Vancouver Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Rogers Santa Claus Parade and Canada Day Parade
- Opening of the Special Olympics
- Countdown to Vancouver 2010 (click here to view video)
- Rick Hansen's "Wheels in Motion" at Playland
- Cavalcade of Stars, Stars of Tomorrow, and Kids Helping Kids at the Michael J. Fox Theatre
- Burnaby's Olympic Anniversary Culture Blast at Shadbolt Centre
- Grey Cup FanFest
- Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance's 'World Theatre Day'
- Closing Ceremonies of the United Nations World Urban Forum
- Gala dinner for Segal Graduate School of Business
and Vancouver Board of Trade's Gala "Joe Segal: An Extraordinary Life"
- Variety Club's Golden Heart Award Dinner
- Theatre Under the Stars
- Sport BC 's "Athlete of the Year Awards Dinner" (click here to view video)
- Opening Ceremonies of Wheelchair Rugby Championships
- Richmond 's Winter Festival
- Celebrate Quebec and BC at Canada Place
- Richmond 's Business Excellence Awards
- Farewell dinner for Prime Minister Chrétien
- Closing Ceremonies of the World Figure Skating Championships
- National Youth Talent Awards (annual C.A.F.E. convention) at the Centre in Vancouver For Performing Arts
- With THE NYLONS at the Bell Centre For the Performing Arts
- Richmond 's Annual Salmon Festival
- Canadian Event Industry Awards (click here to view video)
- With Broadway composer ANDREW LIPPA at the Norman Rothstein Theatre
- With PIANOS GALORE at the Chan Centre
- The Coast Foundation's 'Courage to Come Back Awards'
- Global TV, City TV's 'Breakfast Television' and Shaw TV's 'Urban Rush'
and at events sponsored by the Vancouver 2010 Bid Corporation, ISES (International Special Events Society), PALS chorus, Circlecraft, Ronald McDonald House, Canadian Mental Health Association, Telus, Grace McCarthy's CH.I.L.D. Foundation, Trinity Western University, Vancouver Board of Trade, Restaurant Hall of Fame, Vancouver Banff Family University, Cascade Casino, Consulting Engineers of BC, Association of Collegiate Conference and Events Directors, Celebrate Canada Committee for BC, Penticton Academy of Music, City of Richmond, City of Port Coquitlam, BC Children's Hospital, BC Hospitality Foundation, United Way, Variety Club, North Shore Family Services, NAFSA: Association of International Educators, B.C. Human Resources Management Association, B.C. Association of Health-care Auxilliaries, Operation Smile Foundation, Richmond Sunrise Rotary Club, Richmond Chamber of Commerce, Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver, Vancouver Hillel Foundation, Louis Brier Jewish Aged Foundation, AquaTech Pools, West Vancouver Youth Band, International Society of Hypertension, Cargill Limited, Vancouver College, Little Flower Academy, and Society of Richmond Children's Centres.
Members of ShowStoppers have appeared in professional theatrical productions on virtually every stage in the Lower Mainland, and include winners of the Star Discovery at the Pacific National Exhibition and BC Festival of the Performing Arts and of world and international competitions.
Current members of ShowStoppers are Gil Ashkenazy, Orla Shalloo Brundrett, Emma Ciprian, Brianna Clark, Justin Cortens, Sam Ellington, Bridget Esler, Max Hall, Nicole Heidema, Jared Khalifa, Sarah Labrosse, Maya Lewis, Loritta Lin, Benjamin Millman, Nicole Paletta, Lauren Phillips, Ali Powell, Warren Pugash, Brian Riback, Tiffany Rivera(assistant director), Nathan Sartore, Lorenzo Tesler-Mabe, and Allison Wall.
The repertoire of ShowStoppers includes everything from O Canada to a Motown medley; from Earth, Wind and Fire's "September" to "We Will Rock You"; from contemporary classics to inspirational ballads like "Lean on Me" and Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"; and from musical theatre favourites to Vancouver and other original songs composed by Perry for special events.
ShowStoppers are accompanied by orchestrated tracks. For a technical rider, please click here.
ShowStoppers has been featured in a number of newspaper and magazine articles. Please click on the links below to read some of them: